Linton's offers stock designs that may be utilized as is, or modified to achieve a personalized design for your situation. These designs are front foundation plantings for some popular Michiana area home styles.
How to begin:
- See a Linton's Garden Centre staff associate to select a pre-drawn home style that most closely resembles the front of your home.
- Begin choosing the plants that best fit your taste and sun requirements using the pre-drawn plan that coincides with that plan.
- If you are unsure or would just like some advice, simply ask one of our knowledgeable Garden Centre staff for assistance.
Linton's will help you take the guesswork out of landscaping and gardening. We will show you what you can expect to achieve, explain how to do it, and give you plans and tell you how to make it grow and glow. If you would like we will even maintain it for you!!!!
Bring in a pre-drawn sketch, with measurements (pictures are helpful too), of an area that you would like design assistance.
Our Garden Centre staff can then help you select the plants you like and suggest placement. Proper placement of plants and edging are so important for the best long-term success and a professional look!
Custom Plan Design
By using the Linton's Custom Design Program, you will receive designs exclusively drawn for your home or business by one of our designers.
- Upon the purchase of a “Do-it-yourself” plan a gift card will be issued for the amount of the program. Cost of program is for one area and is determined by your home address. Each area requires a separate D-I-Y program purchase. See map below.
- Linton’s will provide a custom landscape design for one area at no charge. The gift card will be applied toward purchases according to your final landscape design. You, the customer, agrees that all landscape materials will be purchased from Linton’s exclusively, above and beyond the initial gift card until the design is complete.
- Fill out the D-I-Y program agreement form with your contact information.
- Linton’s D-I-Y Designer will call you to arrange an appointment at your home.
- Fill out the questionnaire prior to your appointment with the DIY designer.
- Measure the desired area using the graph paper provided prior to your appointment. Refer to the instructions in your folder.
- After meeting with D-I-Y Designer, you will receive a phone call when your plan is complete.
- Come to Linton’s to pick up your plan and plant list. Bring your gift card and purchase your supplies!
Linton's Custom Plan Cost Map
Linton's prides themselves on offering the areas only Two-Year Guaran-TREE.
(See the back of your invoice for details).
*** Please Follow this Planting Guide ***
We want your plants to live and look beautiful. In order to help your plants adapt to their new location it is important to follow these instructions:
- Dig the hole two times the width and depth of the root ball
- Backfill the hole with loose soil. Loosen the root ball.
- Set the top of the root ball 1” above soil level.
- Stake tree with “tree staking kit”.
- Fertilize with root stimulator and water daily.
- Keep mulch and rock 6” away from the base of the trees and shrubs.
- If the directions are not followed, all warranties are void.